Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MARINE BAND

4 posts in this topic

I bought two Hummingbird 25DC's on HSOList for $90 each. They dont make them anymore and were one of the best made. Iam also have a new Ray-45 that retails for $149. What i look for in a radio is if its WaterPROOF and the scanning capabilities.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

I'll second that vote for Raytheon. I used several VHF radios over 35 years of fishing Lake Michigan, where a good radio is your absolute best piece of safety equipment. But, no matter what radio you get, make sure you don't skimp on the antenna.

I have been using a handheld marine band radio and am thinking about going to an under dash one for my boat, without spending a ton of money. What brand and models do you guys like?

I've got a Hummingbird, I'm not sure what the model # is but it's white and black. I've had it for about 10 years, I pound the boat on Mille Lacs and Leech and have never had any problems with the radio. I think I paid $149 10 years ago.

Ole