• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humminbird 300dx

slabberknocker

Question

5 answers to this question

You mean the TX? Is the tribeam what you want? At least go up to the 400tx. Or go with the Eagle Trifinder 2. If you dont want the tri ducer spend a little more and get something a lot better. I would recomend the Garmin 240 as a good mid price range sonor.

Yeah I mean the TX. I was getting my letters messed up. I dont know that much about finders for the boat. Not sure what to look for in a finder. I have a vex for ice fishing and that is really easy to run. What is the difference between the tri ducer and a different ducer. I am not gonna spend a lot of money on my first finder. Planning on getting a different boat in a couple years and will get a good finder then. I mainly want one now to see depth. I was hoping stay under $200. I'm not a hardcore fisherman. And with my wife having our first baby this summer, I probably wont get out a lot after she has it. Thanks for any help.

I bought a Humminbird 300tx 2 yrs ago. It seems to work for what i need it to do. I also got the speed/temp sensor also. I saw at Galyans they are on clearance for $179 in Bloomington. I don't remember how much I paid for it but it seems like a good price. I hope this little info helps.

I would highly recommend the Lowrance X-51 which run just under $200 and has a lot better resolution and more power. It comes standard with temp and a flasher mode. A speed sensor is also available.

Thanks for the input. Satchmo, I will look at those X-51. They look pretty nice and it is keeping me under 200 dollars. I am gonna be going to Cabelas in SD during Easter and will probably decide then. The resaon I was looking at the humminbird is because it seems to be able to do what I need in a depth finder. There is also a rebate on it and you get a nice soft sided tackle box with it. Any more input out there I would love to hear it. Thanks