• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3HP Minnkota needs help... Should I?

Moose-Hunter

Question

Howdy all...

In an attempt to clean out my basement, I came across a couple old (80's-90's) Minnkota electrics. One, a 65MX tested fine!! grin.gifgrin.gif The other a 3HP, has a bit of a problem. In testing, the motor did run, both forward and reverse, but had a metalltic rattle. Upon further inspection I found that one of the magnets has broken and come loose from the housing. All the other internals appear okay....
47b4d905b3127cceb2806dcc029a0000001610

I know this motor is basically an antique, but it would be great on the back of a canoe.

In your humble opinions, is this motor worth fixing? If so, could someone give me a ballpark guess as to the costs involved?

Thanks....

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

[This message has been edited by Moose-Hunter (edited 07-24-2004).]

2 answers to this question

Well....

After about a dozen phone calls... I think the 3hp may be going to Davey Jone's locker. I even struck out at Minnkota.... frown.gif

UNLESS....

Somebody out there has one of these with a burned up control board, looking to get rid of it for next to nothing...

Anyone?

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

[This message has been edited by Moose-Hunter (edited 07-27-2004).]