• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Neoprene on ice?

Question

Are there any disadvantages to taking my 5mm neoprene waders out on the ice? I have insulated snow packs that are plenty warm, but I am wondering if the neoprene will hold up. Anybody doing this out there?

1 answer to this question

The waders themselves will hold up alright on the ice, but I dont think that most waders have enough insulation below the foot to effectivly keep your feet warm. Most pack or snow type boots have a layer of insulation that helps block the cold from below. A wool/felt insole would help, but only if you have enough room in the boot. I have been using a pair of waterproof bibs to stay dry when drilling holes. just had to make sure that they were long enough to cover my pacs.

Rob