Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sgt. Rock

Used Boat Question

2 posts in this topic

Looking at buying a 2001 Lund with 80Hp 4strk that has very few hours on it and in fact hasn't seen the water since summer 2002. What things should I look for in problems or concerns from sitting idle for so long? The motor isn't hardly broke in yet. Will there be any deteriationof rubber components? Value wise with so little use what price above book value should I consider? Thanks for any input.

Given the amount of time it has sat, I would take it to a marine shop to be checked out. Could be a good deal or a lemon!!! Have an expert look at it. Thats a long time even with stabil in the tank.

Above book?? Thats what book value is for, you go down depending on the condition. The book gives the value of high end and you work from there.

[This message has been edited by Chris Haley (edited 11-04-2003).]

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   You can feel free to answer this question too if you like. 
    •   So conversely, decreasing the supply of labor increases the compensation for all the participants in that sector, and increases the cost of the products and services they deliver.    
    •   22 hours ago, Big Dave2 said: As a Christian you would rather see human beings starve or live a difficult and dangerous life when there are prosperous jobs sometimes only a few hundred miles away in American cities, just because that person had the misfortune of being born on one side of a political border? Does your God recognize these borders?   That's to bad. Dave's gone off the deep end and now arguing with himself!
    • I like to chop bacon into tiny pieces and add to the hamburger. But of course juicy lucy's are always good too....    
    • One of my better ones up at the lake last summer. Finely diced fresh garlic, finely diced fresh onion, hand full of shredded cheddar cheese, tea spoon Liq smoke, big spoon of Jalapeno mustered all mixed in meat. Put on a toasted onion bun with a slice of cheddar cheese and topped with sautéed morel mushrooms and bacon! At least the burger was 93% fat free!
    • Dumba possibly back tomorrow night. 2-3 more turnovers in our own zone to deal with.
    • Wow, those are over the top, guys!!!   I make all my burglars the same....splash of worcestershire, cracked pepper, bit of seasoned salt, minced onions, and a couple drops of hickory smoke all mixed in. Sometimes mix in some  coarse sharp shredded cheddar....
    • From watching post game interviews, it appears god recognizes and maybe even helps winning sports teams; so it is entirely plausible he recognizes borders.........
    •   thirdeye, that is to die for! No literally, I can feel my veins clogging right now! Lol.   
    • The car charger is great
  • Our Sponsors