• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Used Boat Question

Sgt. Rock

Question

Looking at buying a 2001 Lund with 80Hp 4strk that has very few hours on it and in fact hasn't seen the water since summer 2002. What things should I look for in problems or concerns from sitting idle for so long? The motor isn't hardly broke in yet. Will there be any deteriationof rubber components? Value wise with so little use what price above book value should I consider? Thanks for any input.

1 answer to this question

Given the amount of time it has sat, I would take it to a marine shop to be checked out. Could be a good deal or a lemon!!! Have an expert look at it. Thats a long time even with stabil in the tank.

Above book?? Thats what book value is for, you go down depending on the condition. The book gives the value of high end and you work from there.

[This message has been edited by Chris Haley (edited 11-04-2003).]