• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LMS 240 & Vexilar

MNUser

Question

Here is a question for those of running these units.

I have both running on my boat. The LMS 240 has not been able to hold contact with the bottom. It does one of these numbers....58' then starts counting down till it gets to 1.6 then it flashes and resets. Then it will read 45' and start the whole process again. It seems to just pick a depth and then start the count down. I tried it with the Vex off and it still ran goofy.

Lowrance has been great and has offered to fix it. The GPS works great. I'm starting to think it may be the Vex but I see others running both units.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks!

JIM

3 answers to this question

I run a a Vexilar next to my Lowrance X-75. Once in a great while there is interference, but most of the time not. The transducers are right next to each other, and each have different frequencies.

I've never seen it "countdown" like that before. I think the Lowrance needs some TLC.

If I had to say, I think you need a new transducer for the LMS. Everytime my 350a needed a new transducer it would flash strange depths. Does it show bottom on the graph portion? Or is it just broken up lines? If it's broken up lines and no solid bottom, you need a new transducer.

Funny that you say that Chris. I'm on my second transducer. Lowrance set me a new one about 6 months go. I will have to check how it "sees" the bottom next time I'm out. I'm always using the Vex cause I have faith in it....

Thanks for the heads up.

JIM