Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walleye_GFA

Embarassing yellow mold / fungus

6 posts in this topic

Anyone else have that embarassing shocked.gif yellow mold / fungus in their boat ???

Its yellow and forms in the crack underneath my baitwell on the carpet... Ive made sure its clean and dry, but it keeps coming back... anyone ver deal with this ?>??

Wally

Well, I have never had it on a boat but we get fungus on our horses and I am sure the same thing would probably cure it for you. Go to your local plant nursery and get a product called Captan (sp?). We mix a handful in a bucket of water and put it all over the horses. This really works great. In fact with all the rain we have gotten one of our mares came in with some on her face and we had to treat her tonight. I have also used it for fugus under toenails on humans and it works great for that too. I mix it a lot stronger for that. Good luck.

------------------
Phyl

we have had the fungus like that form on our pop-up camper and there is a thing cleaner you can buy at walmart called Simple-green. It is totally biodegradable (spelling?), so it will not do any harm to the water or anything. Also try calling a boat dealership they would prob have some idea on where to get something stronger if it is needed if they dont stock it themselves

Post flood clean-up taught us a dilute mixture of bleach and water will kill off most mold and fungus.

Once you get the main fungus under control, you will need to hit it again with a dilute wash, every 30 days, to kill it off for good.

The weak bleach mix is not generally bothersome to carpets of paints. If your concerned with fading do a test area and see how it will react.

Some molds (Black molds) and fungus are not good for you, so avoid inhalation during clean-up. Some molds will raise heck with boat decks so try to get after it as soon as possible.

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 06-29-2003).]

Ed is right about the bleach. We use that to spray down the horse stalls and wash all brushes, blankets, etc.. But we use it real strong on the stalls because we are not worried about colors fading.

Bright sun light will also kill fungus. It breeds in nice warm wet places.

------------------
Phyl