• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'98 115HP Johnson Faststrike Issues

scalescratcher

Question

Have the above motor and am having some performance issues. The motor will run fine through full range. I'll stop to fish an area and then re-start to move and get sluggish results. It will surge and then run at only 75% of full RPM. If I punch it from idle I'll get some slight sputtering before it opens up. It will run @ 4000 rpm, run up to 5000 and then start to bog again. I've replaced the fuel filter and plugs. Have also checked compression and spark and all appear fine. I ourged all the old gas and re-filled the tank with fresh fuel. It runs fine at full load sometimes but is inconsistent. I plan to get it in to be looked at but could use some insight on possible issues.

1 answer to this question

Is the tank venting working? Maybe the fuel pump not working up to full capacity? Is the fuel line pump ball firm or mushy, mushy you may have some kinda leak. Just some random thoughts.