Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyewizard

? for Scott

4 posts in this topic

Scott, I noticed in the open water forum that you mentioned that you use the Ram 2000 rod holders. Do these holders handle both open-face and bait-cast reels well? Also, is the extension sturdy enough for when you hook into a big one? I recently purchased the Cabela's brand and don't like the way my open-face reel sits in the holder. Thanks!

I've been running the ram 2000 rod holders since they came out. Overall performance for me has been good! They handle pulling big crankbaits on planer boards no problem, also spinning rods slide right in, close the lock and they cant come out. I know they look a little flimsy but whatever theyre made out of is tuff stuff...Good fishin! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Exactly what paul said. That is some tough stuff they are made out of. I was pulling 3 ways with 5 ounces out on the Illinois River as well as pulling boards. If they can handle that you won't have a problem. As Paul said, whatever they are made out of is very tough stuff!

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I got another reason to go to Cabela's this weekend. Oh, and nice fish Scott! We were fishing there on Saturday but could only catch walleyes and sauger.