• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Navionics+ ChartInstaller download issues

rundrave

anyone else have any issues with ChartInstaller? I last used it on my laptop a month or so ago and it worked fine. I am getting ready to go to North Dakota for a couple days and wanted to download some areas to my card that I hadn't before.

I removed the sd card from my Hummingbird Helix and put it in the laptop. Opened the CharInstaller program that was already installed and was prompted to update. I downloaded the new Chart Installer.exe file and no matter how many times I download it, reboot and retry install etc it will not install. I just get an error "There has been an error. Unknown Error upacking file C:/Program Files (x86)/Chart Installer/nwjc.exe

So while doing the upgrade I lost my desktop icon with no software to update my chart. I understand there is a 1 year subscription but I just got my navionics+ and put it on this card last October.

Any ideas?

well I tried a live chat the other day with tech support and once I gave description of the issue the chat was abrubtly ended on their end and I was left with a message stating it was turned over to tech support for assistance. 

I was left to wait for an email only to be told it was a known issue they were already aware of and are working to get it resolved. They suggested adding the navionics site as a trusted page and it still didn't resolve the issue.

I work in IT for a living, and I deal with real time code for customers. I know if my code didn't work or was affecting customers I would be trying to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Just unfortunate you spend money for this software and chip and it doesn't work. Why even roll out the updates if they know it has issues. They should have at least rolled back to the previous install package so I could work with an older version. That would atleast be better than nothing. Leaving for North Dakota in a few hours hopefully get an update before I leave.