• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time for an upgrade!!

Powerstroke

Our family of 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 labs is finally getting some more space. We currently have a Rockwood Roo M19. Its a great Hybrid camper and I really enjoy that style of camper, but there just is not enough space inside for our family and the kids are tired of sharing a bed. 

We have been looking for a new floorplan for the last two years, but so far had not been in the right situation to make the purchase. It didn't hurt that our camper was perfectly adequate. It had been through close to a dozen states and magical places such as Yellowstone, Glacier, Black Hills and numerous lesser known places of peace and beauty. .

So, I got out of work early last saturday and I decided to take the Mrs on a date to the RV show in Minneapolis. We found a handful of trailers with the floor plan we were looking for, but one camper stood out in options, quality and finish. I can tell you that I hymmed and hahed for the better part of 2 hours on whether I wanted to purchase a new camper and take on payments again. In the end, we pulled the trigger. 

We have a brand new Salem Hemisphere 312 QBUD. Its a great rear bunkroom design, with central bathroom. The bathroom has an exterior doors to keep the kids from running through the coach just to go to the bathroom. The interior is very nice, has a larger than most kitchen area including undermount sink and stove that have covers to increase usable counter space. Additionally the new model uses a residential fridge with a dedicated inverter. All LED lighting was a huge selling point, but our favorite part is the outdoor kitchen. On the outside of the kids bedroom is a large flip up panel that opens to a fridge, sink, cabinets and counters. The RV grill has a swing out arm that places it right at the edge of the outdoor kitchen. A power awning with LED lighting underneith was a nice touch too. 

Our new camper will be delivered around the 1st of May. Until then, I've got to get the old camper detailed up and up for sale. The dealer will accept it as trade, but you can imagine they didn't offer as much as I felt. A quick trip to the computer confirmed what I thought. Hopefully a few extra thousands dollars will offset the cost of a new hitch and maybe a generator. 

I can't wait to get camping again. This new camper already has plans to visit the Great Smokies and several SE states. 

On 2/25/2016 at 0:14 PM, Powerstroke said:

We have the exact same layout in a different manufacturers brand.  So far it has only seen me and my smelly hunting gear last fall but it's parked at the family cabin and will house my wife, daughter and soon to be second daughter for the better part of the coming summer.  It has been great so far and I love the layout.  Outside kitchen keeps muddy shoes out for pops and beers and the exterior door to the bathroom is also great!  Enjoy the summer!

Glad to hear you love the layout. I'm super excited. 

I brought the "old" camper home today to start removing our gear and get it freshened up for sale. It still looks as good as when I put it away. A couple little things to touch up and its ready to go to another good home. My wife and I had a moment today thinking of all the awesome memories we shared with the kids in that camper.