• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Battery drain

What fuse in the central junction box are you pulling when the draw drops. Fuse 2.2 is battery voltage to the cluster. Fuse 2.33 and 2.45 are keyed powe( becomes hot when ignition in start run) Fuse 2.35 power the interior lamp relay lamp power. Fuse 2.41 powers the battery saver relay.

Well just to close this out.  Pulled the instrument cluster and sent it in to an outfit called Circuit Board Medics to have it tested and repaired.  They found a few issues, but weren't totally confident that was the issue.  Had them repair it, got it back and installed it.  

Right off I seen and improvement.  Shut everything down and came up with .65 amp draw, after 45 minutes .07 and after 1 1/2 hours down to .04 or 40 mA.  So from what I can tell all is well.

:cry:  Well tho the drain appears to be gone, now there is a whole new issue.  Now it starts and runs fine for 3 to 5 miles then all the dash/warning lights come on the radio dies and once even the engine killed and escalated to some very hard shifting. 

Called the people who "rebuilt" the cluster and of course said they can't understand why.  But did say they would replace it, but did get a call towards the end of the day that I misssed saying they ran into some issues and couldn't send a replacement immediately and wanted to do a little troubleshooting.  

Beginning to wonder if sending it to them was a mistake?

The engine will run if the pcm looses communication with all other modes. (Pcm and Fuel injector driver module for a 6.0L) The engine will not run if the PCM looses power or ground.

Knowing that we just removed fuses and disconnected wires in all fuse panels I would double check all fuses and connections before going too deep

After poking around and backtracking a bit I found that didn't tighten down the cable going from the battery to the fuse panel, just enough to make a connection.  So bumps etc broke the connection.  Tightened it up and seems to be fine now.  Let is sit for about a week(wouldn't start after 3 days before) twice and started up fine.  I think I am good to go.