• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bear Bait Question

So now for the past 2 years I have put corn out the end of September/early October for deer to get a better idea of what we have on our property.  The past 2 years I have had a group of 4 bears come in and eat it all up right away, about 5 years ago we had a solo bear do the same thing.  Does anyone use corn for bear bait, seems to work good on our property.

its working now cause its a mild fall and its a food source, the biggest time that bears are on corn is when it in the feild in the milk stage, after it hardens they will hit the bait more.  its a food source is the primary reason right now, during baiting its not a good bait IMO, unless you want to haul in freshly picked milky stage corn. it will be hard, theres no caloretic value to it, it just a filler. sunflowers seed screening is what I like to use to suppliment a bait page from time to time with their oils and higher fat content.