• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pin Point Trolling Motors Still Available?

Greg Clusiau

Question

Does anyone know if they are still selling PinPoints? I noticed that the latest Cabela's catalog had everything but the PinPoint. I, along with several friends, own one and am a little concerned. What if I need service at some point down the road? Can it be done? Thanks in advance. GC

------------------
Jaw Breaker Guide Service
Phone: 218 778-0087
[email protected]
http://fishtec.com/guide.htm

8 answers to this question

I have a pinpoint system also. NO ONE FIXES EM. From what Ive heard they are pretty much out of business or bankrupt. The only ones you see for sale are the ones that the stores have left over which is why they are fairly cheap now. They sell the ones they have and thats it. If they could by more they wouldnt.

There is knowone that I know of that fixes em my system broke down last fall. Im replacing it with minnkota stuff. There are tons of places that fix minnkota. I know of several other guys who have pinpoint stuff and cant get them fixed. Shows you how reliable they are. If you find a place that fixes um post it here or e- mail me i would fix it if it was possible.

Are you sure motorguide fixes them? I would hate to throw it away its not even 2 years old.

[This message has been edited by Deemo (edited 02-28-2003).]

Hey guys,
If you currently have a pinpoint and need service you can get it taken care of in Bloomington at the Motor Clinic. Plus all of the Mercury/Mortorguide repair shops will soon be able to repair them. Right now Motorguide is working on a brand new motor which will bring back the pinpoint technology but it will be even better, more user friendly and easier to service. One of the best places to get your Motorguide/Pinpoint needs taken care of is Thorn Brothers in Fridley. Hope this helps put your worries to rest!!

------------------
First Choice Guide Service
The Cass Lake Chain
no_spam.com
Phone: (612)730-no_spam

Thanks Brian,

That's a load off my mind. I never thought about it until my buddy, another PinPoint owner, planted the seed.

Say, do you ever ice fish the perch on Cass?
I never get over that far but have thought about trying it. I usually perch on Winnie, Leech, or Bowstring. I live just outside of Hibbing (Keewatin).

Heading to Red tomorrow.

Once again, thanks...GC

------------------
[email protected]

Brian,

Red wasn't very kind to us on Saturday. We had a good spot lined up out of Hudec's but didn't go there because of the contest and all the extra traffic.

We went out of Roger's and set up three times before we found fish. Darn cold out with that wind. I caught 5 and my buddy and his son caught 5-6. Slow but nice fish, as usual. I also had a couple very nice eyes on but lost them both? Tried to force one up the hole and got bit off. I could see the fish. Looked somewhere in the 5-7 pound class.

------------------
[email protected]

I called the Motor Clinic in bloomington today. They do still fix pinpoints. Their contact number is on the motorguide webpage.
From what I have heard the motorguides that hook-up to the pinpoint are sonar only. They do not depth track. Is this right?