• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Green Flasher

hvactech

Question

Anyone out there ever try one of the old green box flashers for ice fishing, I have an old Lorwance green box and I was wondering if they would work very well for ice fishing?

Later...hvactech

[This message has been edited by hvactech (edited 02-05-2003).]

6 answers to this question

give the old green box a try.my dad told me that a friend of his had one in his fishouse(along time ago)anyway he said you could see his jig down there pretty nice.would definatly be better than nothing.proably isnt much diffrent than current flashers.

I picked up an old Lowrance flasher, a 2160 I believe. Works pretty good after you fiddle around with the sensitivity and gain. It's not the "green box" but it's similiar.

I can pick up my jig easily, but it's not quite a Vexilar as far as sensitivity/features. Still, it does the job.

This is the first unit that I saw in action somme 8-10 yrs ago. My uncle has one and we were out searching a lake for crappies. We went around the lake looking for fish (shooting through the ice) once we found them we sat there and had a blast all day long. Since then I used a Silent Sixty one and then went to a vex. Key point for me was that you have to trust the unit.