• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LX 3 jitter

ellevold

Question

I got a new LX 3 and I took it out for the first time today. I like it alot but, I was wondering if anyone of you guys have a problem with the whole display shaking or jittering? It does for me. It moves about a 2 feet then back and forth. Could someone tell me if this is normal THANKS

11 answers to this question

Ellevold,I have been using the lx-3 with no problems,a sweet unit.I have noticed that if you get close to an fl-8 it will cause some problems,but you can usually get rid of it with the IR (I have noticed the fl-18s have problems next to the fl-8s also).The only other thing I can think of is that you might have had the gain to high.CNY TIM may be of further service to you as he has been reporting tests on this unit for awhile.You've got a great unit,GOOD FISHIN. grin.gif

ellevold - any time your fishing with an LX-3 and kicking out 1500 watts you better have it anchored down with something because if you don't those expansion cracks can be a beatch and it will cause your display to jump about 2' grin.gif
Sorry a little humour there...
My first question to you is did you buy a propack in box or was it the econo pack? If you bought the econo pack sounds like the battery may be the problem. If you bought the pro pack, that sounds like or could be some type of interference if not, it may be a bad transducer or something with the power head. The problem you have described is not normal the only complaint I have seen is the power/depth adjusstment knob coming loose.

Evold
The first LX-3 i had would do what you are saying.It would be ok fo ra bit then it would kinda waver up and down.Everything in the water colume and the bottom would do this.the surface mark would stay solid tho.
The easiest way to explane it is its like looking at the display through real watery eyes.
Mine would start to do this as soon as the bat got to 60%.
I just boxed mine up and took it back to mills fleet farm. I figured i didnt buy a reconditioned one and i dont want a reconditioned one .

ellevold -
did they ever explain and fix the problem you are having? anyone else have this problem. Is Marcum's customer service good?

I'm thinking of purchasing an LX-3, just wondering if this is a problem to be concerned with.

I gave my LX-3 the trial run this weekend. I had no problems with mine. We were fishing shallow water all weekend and the wider cone on the LX-3 was really nice.

As for the customer service, MarCum had some customer service issues in the past but after talking with them last week they are well aware of any issues and are taking steps to insure they can support their products fully.

The LX-3 is an impressive unit. The carrying case and charging unit are very impressive. A lot of though went into the design.

I am having the same problem with mine. I have had it out 3 times now and it jumps exacltly as you described. I am not happy with this unit and am planning to take it back. My fl8 works better.

Scott,

How is that transducer arm? I'm not sure I like that over the float system vexilar uses...

also, does the unit tilt okay to view from above. sitting on a chair with the unit down on the ice - is the visiblity good on that unit with the soft case, etc... I like the vexilar as it tilts up easily and allows good viewing from many angles...