• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What size heater?

DRH1175

Just remember when looking at vented heater they not 100% efficient I think my 18000 input BTU is around 14000 output (empire might be better)which works great for my 6x14 with 2x2 and foam insulation. I did have a 10,000 BTU non-vented and it felt it did as good or better for heat because humid air holds more heat.

Ok did some digging and it looks like Emipers High efficiency heaters are around 80% but more then likely your not going to put a high efficiency heater in a fish house because of cost but lets say you did, a 14,000 BTU heater would have a 11,200 out put, not much better then the 10,000 BTU Buddy heater.

I think for the size of your house your looking at around 13,000 to 14,000 output. Your only about 10sqft bigger then my house but have 2x4 walls and a 14,000 output work fine for me.

DO NOT HANG A BIG BUDDY!!!!AS your primary source of heat. your house will always be damp and this can be dangerous if staying over night.

ALSO always put in a heater with a Thermostat. (SP?) my brother in law has a newer empire 14k BTU heater. heats great but low medium and hi settings suck... you are either hot or cold and always changing the setting! the Old empire 15K BTU with a Thermostat will work awesome as i have one in my 8x16 V ice castle and works fine! Forced Air Atwood is also a good heater. Just need battery power or generate power. Forced air will keep the floor dry and move heat to the back of the house.