• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

broken transducer?

Bobb-o

Question

so i finally got the humminbird super-sixty onto the ice but when i turned her on all i got was a line at the 0 mark but no reading no matter what i did with the transducer! I tried using it on top of the ice dangling down the hole, nothing worked. is my transducer broken? It was making the clicking noise like my buddies vex but i got no reading. and if it is broken since i dont have the money to buy a new one, i do have one for my humminbrid LCR4-ID but it has a diff connection on it, would it be possible to splice that one onto the other cable?

11 answers to this question

Never cut a transducer cord, you will need a new ducer if you do. Couple of things, was the gain turned up enough to get a reading? Do you have the ducer moutned on something so its level? The unit you have is a different set up then the Vex units. You probably have a puck style ducer. You will need to find an old gimble mount that came with the blue box a few years ago, some sporting good shops still have them or USL products in Plymouth Mn should still have them. There will be instructions on how to mount it, if not, ask someone at the store to help you out. The bottom of the ducer needs to be level so it can get a return reading. Never try to switch ducers with different units, if the plug-ins are different, they wont work.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

i screwed with thegain for at least 20 minutes trying to get something and nothin worked. If my flasher is getting that signal at 0 does that mean it should be working fine if it is level? cuz i dont wanna go waste some money on a gimble mount to later find out that it doesnt work at all. D-Man what side of Mille Lacs are you on?

Iam on the SW side. Test it on the ice with the ducer level and see if you get a reading. If your getting a line at 0 and getting pinging noises from the ducer, it should work.

PCG- Are you sure a Vex cable can be spliced to a super sixty? grin.gif

------------------
click here

i did test it on the ice totally level i thought, but still no reading the cable i am going to splice is another hummindbird transducer onto this cable the transducer i want to splice it from is the humminbird LCR4-ID it seems like exactly the same transducer and says that the humminbird transducers are interchangeable but i was not sure.....

Don't cut the ducer, Vex may be able to cut and splice because its a 3 wire cord. You have a LCD unit and a flasher, they will not work. If you cut a ducer cord on any LCD unit, its done. The wires are like hair. When you said you tested it on the ice, are you putting on the ice itself or in the hole with water? That Super Sixty may not be able to read through ice like the units today. Make sure you have the ducer in the hole,under water, and holding it level.

------------------
click here

[This message has been edited by D-man (edited 01-08-2003).]