• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish House Vents

Fat Rap guy

Question

5 answers to this question

My house is 8x10 and here's what I did.

I bought two feet of 3 inch pvc, two 3 inch caps,and two dryer vent caps (the ones that attach to the outside of your house) from menards. First I pulled the flappers out of the dryer vents, then I wrapped some old window screen around the end of the pvc and duct taped it down so that one end of the pvc is covered with screen and wrapped with enough tape to make a snug fit in the dryer vent. Now, because the ice was so late and my wife would let me go fishing, I took the pvc caps and cut the ends off so that I had a sleeve that would fit over the end of the pvc pipe that comes out of the wall. Then I cut a notch in the caps about halfway through and stuck the flappers from step one into the notch. Now I can slip the cap over the end and slide the flapper in and out to adjust the ventilation.

Do you think maybe I have too much time on my hands?

I,m presently building a new 2 man portable and to vent it I bought 1/4 inch plastic J mold at the builders supply.
Then I cut a 6"x6" hole in the wall on each end. I cut a piece of luan 1/4" plywood 7"x7" and drilled a small finger hole near one end. Then I cut 2 - 14" pieces of J mold for the sides and 1 -9" piece for the end. I fastened these pieces in a U shape around the vent hole allowing enough room for the luan to slide back and forth without binding and slid the panel into the U. By sliding the panel back and forth you can adjust the amount of vent that you have or close it off all of the way. I'm making window "shades" for over the plex windows the same way.
Hope that someone can use the idea.
Good fishin...

------------------

Enids Hubby, do the Mr. Heater's actually have a low oxygen shut off or are you referring to the no heat shut off thermocouple?

Sorry, of the subject a bit but to ask for clarification.