• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

EVERHAM TO JR

gregg52

I see they put the #88 in the same shop as the #48 and #24 got booted. I suppose Hendrick figures more it'll help the #88 team, but that lying, cheating Knaus won't be helping the #88 one bit, you can count on that.

There you go Lmit on your rants with the best crew chief around.

Must feel a need to slam Chad any chance you can. He is the crew chief of one of the best drivers ever.

What crew chief has a driver thatr has won more championships and faster than Chad? Noone and forget about all the cheap slamming you do.

ya i think jr is kinda on his way out

how many yrs can you finish in the 20s and no wins

even mcreynolds said he cant tell any one how to fix the car or what it needs

51 yr ole man out runs you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 yrs in row !!!

Jr isn't going anywhere unless and until the legions of fans in Earnhardt nation quit buying merchandise and making Hendrick tons of cash. No way he lets that cash cow go until he's milked it for all it's worth, he's no fool...

, but that lying, cheating Knaus won't be helping the #88 one bit, you can count on that.

ya i dont think knaus is quite that bad but ya he aint going to give up alot

i'm sure he pretends to be a team player to satisfy mr h but he's only worried bout him and that 6th chamionship as well he should be

plus i doubt he's really to worried bout jr

that move might have been to get jimmy and jeff away from each other

i'm sure the this 48 winnin like this is tearing jeff g up inside

maybe mark and jeff can help each other

i'd love to be a fly on the wall when those 2 are talkin...lol

ya maybe not a crew chief but i'm thinkin he ends up back doing something

he made clear at homstead he was out of work

it would be kinda cool to see him and jeff again though

i think the 24 got the next best guy though

if those 2 jell

just cuz mr H moved things around now doesnt mean its in granite

bout 3 months to daytona

lots and lots of thing could change by then

i think rays to smart to just sit in a tv booth

someone will want him

Jr isn't going anywhere unless and until the legions of fans in Earnhardt nation quit buying merchandise and making Hendrick tons of cash. No way he lets that cash cow go until he's milked it for all it's worth, he's no fool...

If he keeps finishing 20th the sponsor money will eventually dry up though. A sponsor wants you to run in front to get the TV time so they get a good return on their investment.

The sponsor has its name on every piece of merch out there. TV time is one small component of brand recognition. How many Amp shirts you see at the track any given weekend??? AND the TV covers him because they know he has so many fans. Who else gets talked about as much in 23rd place?

The sponsor has its name on every piece of merch out there. TV time is one small component of brand recognition. How many Amp shirts you see at the track any given weekend??? AND the TV covers him because they know he has so many fans. Who else gets talked about as much in 23rd place?

I agree to some extent but TV time is more important. There are several million people watching a broadcast on TV so exposure is much great. I thought toward the end of the year that they kind of quit following him around in 25th place. Fox was the worst for that.

Just saw this on fox's HSOforum.

Ray Evernham Enterprises has been retained to consult for Hendrick Cos., a management company formed in 2005 to oversee strategic initiatives for chairman Rick Hendrick.

Founded by championship crew chief, team owner and broadcaster Ray Evernham, the REE company will consult on special projects related to Hendrick's core businesses. In that role, REE's focus will initially be on the development of the Hendrick Performance retail brand of high-performance parts, vehicles, products and related services.

"Hendrick Performance parts and cars will have a racing pedigree, and Ray is someone who will help ensure that on behalf of our customers and dealers," Hendrick said. "He's assembled a terrific group of people at REE, and I see a lot of opportunities for them to be a valuable resource for our organization on projects like this. I know the kind of high standards Ray sets."

Evernham won three NASCAR Cup championships in the 1990s as crew chief for driver Jeff Gordon and team owner Hendrick. He left the Hendrick organization in 1999 to found his own team, Evernham Motorsports, and most recently was a television analyst for ESPN. According to a story on the network's HSOforum, Evernham will no longer work in that role.

"Rick and I have had many conversations over the years about our passion projects, and there's so much crossover with what we enjoy working on," said Evernham, 53, CEO of Ray Evernham Enterprises. "We both sense an opportunity to do some unique things, whether it's with performance parts and cars, his dealership business (Hendrick Automotive Group) or other ways to build the Hendrick brand."

Sifty