• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar FL18 12 degree ducer problem

minneman

Question

Hi all - has anyone had a problem getting their 12 degree ducer to hang straight down? I've tried everything that the Vexilar HSOforum recommends, but still can't get it to point straight down. It's always visibly wobbly when I spin it and I can see that the bottom of the ducer isn't level. I can also actually see fish go past the strongest signal, start to turn green & then I get the bite. It's irritating - so if any of you have ideas, I'd much appreciate them.

thanks!
Iceboy

6 answers to this question

Hi all - has anyone had a problem getting their 12 degree ducer to hang straight down? I've tried everything that the Vexilar HSOforum recommends, but still can't get it to point straight down. It's always visibly wobbly when I spin it and I can see that the bottom of the ducer isn't level. I can also actually see fish go past the strongest signal, start to turn green & then I get the bite. It's irritating - so if any of you have ideas, I'd much appreciate them.

thanks!
Iceboy

I would suggest you contact Vexilar directly. Call them at 952-884-5291 and tell them you have a problem. You will get tranferred to a technician who should be able to help you.

I have never had a transducer act up, so I can't give you an other advice. Maybe you got a bad one and Vex will replace it?!?

ScottO

ScottO,
The problem is his ducer just won't hang straight. In fact, most of them don't. They are just close enough that most guys don't notice it. Mine was off kilt enough that I could see it just by eyeballing it. To really notice there was a problem, I'd lower my jig as near to directly under the ducer as possible, and I could not see the jig on the screen. Then I'd move the jig to the edge of the hole and there it was. You notice this problem more in water that is less than 20ft. Since I used icedog's method of balancing by adding weight to it, it works fine. If I'm not mistaken, this was talked about on this site a year or so back.

iceboy-I got a fix for a ducer that won't hang straight(most of the ones I have used don't!). Send me your e-mail address and I will send you the word document as an attachment. You can reach me at: [email protected]

"vertical-R-beautiful"

icedog

[This message has been edited by icedog (edited 12-19-2002).]