• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MarCum LX-3 Test Report

CNY Tim

Question

I caught 7 keeper crappies 10 - 13.5" and kept a dozen nice gills and 3 big perch. Caught alot of small perch today. 5" any where we walked on the lake with 4" of snow on top. We fished 8' to 16' best depth was 15'. Crappie were riding at about 10' along with the nicer gills. You had to keep it off the bottom on that lake or you'll get nailed with dink perch. Not a great trip as far as bluegill action but it was great to use my MarCum and we can fish close with Vexilars and no problems 1 I.R. off, 1 on I.R and one on I.R. plus one no problems. I had the zoom on 10' when I was fishin 15' and it was awesome. Funny seeing your jig and fish on both sides of the screen. Gotta train my eyes a little more to stay on the left side. What the zoom feature allowed me to do was keep the bait away from the smaller fish and the decent gills and crappies when they popped on the zoom I thought they were bass or pike, awesome machine. I am glad it's compatable with Vexilars that was a big issue.

• Answers 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Any idea if marcum sells the swivel base?
I see they have a picture on the box, but it says not included.
thanks

[This message has been edited by Dano2 (edited 04-17-2003).]

Dano 2: The puck kit for use with a trolling motor includes: 20 degree puck transducer, power cord, & gimbal bracket. This allows you to leave the Ice System intact except for the powerhead & gimbal knobs. The high speed kit includes the same parts except the ducer is a wedge shaped transducer with metal mounting hardware for external transom mount

Cabela's, Mills Fleet Farm, Gander Mountain, Thorne Bros, are all locations that stock transducers. MarCum can also process the order for $55.00 plus $4.50 freight. Check needs to be mailed to MarCum Technologies. The puck transducer is attached with a large stainless steel hose clamp purchased at any local hardware, automotive, or marine dealership. Motors are different diameters so they let the consumer decide how large of a stainless clamp they need to fit their situation.
If you have any more questions let me know.