Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Huskie

04 Silverado question

Might buy a 04 Silverado, extended cab Z71 off road model truck. I have two questions, it needs a bedliner (6.5ft. I assume), how much do they cost to plus install. Also, when you turn the steering wheel to the left, it makes a noise, not sqreeching, but a rubbing noise, any ideas on that one? Thanks.

I got Line-X about 5 yrs ago over the rails on mine and it was around $400, but I'm sure the cost has gone up since then. As far as the steering noise, it could be the intermediate steering shaft. It is a common issue on these trucks. You say it's a rubbing noise, is there oversize tires on the truck that could be rubbing? Just throwing out another possibility?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• I was gonna say my yard has been thick with juvenile birds the last few days, always harder to ID birds this time of year. Had an albino something or other with a flock of birds, not sure I've seen an albino bird before. And just had a sharp shinned hawk hanging out on the branch above the feeders.  But I feed ALL of the birds......love them raptors. I will say the cowbirds around sure tolerate the dog or I getting pretty close to them.    
    • Had a decent trip.  We fished the evening of Aug. 9-Aug. 15.  Had 2 pretty good days, 2 bad days, and the rest were just so-so.  Dad, Uncle, and Grandpa don't like getting up early anymore so we usually outdrink the fish at night and sleep in mornings.   We have slowly been learning how to consistently catch fish on this lake.  The local guys don't provide any information and neither do the guys that have been making the trip for 20+ years.  Can't say I blame them much, but would have shortened the learning curve for us a little bit.  We found a bay a few years back that we can catch 10-16" walleye all day in, just a shallow weedy bay pulling spinners.  Usually get enough eyes' for dinner and then go search the reefs, shorelines, and islands for bigger fish.   I think we finally dialed in on some bottom bouncers and have 2-3 spots were we can go and most likely catch fish with the chance at some big ones.  1oz to 1-1/2oz BB with leeches or worms work the best on these spots.  2 spots are reefs topping out at 9-10fow and the other spot is a little flatter, with access to some shallow weeds.  We also deep troll suspended fish some evenings and don't catch a lot, but the ones we do are bigger fish.  We found iwe caught more fish when we were running and gunning.  Fish a spot for 20-30 minutes and then move on until we found some fish.  This kind of stinks for Grandpa but he understands we can't catch them if they are there and active. Biggest of the week was 26 1/4" walleye with 20-25 eyes' over 20".  I think I had 2 -25" and also a 37" pike the last evening.  Really fun time and scenery with the family.  Looking forward to next year and searching more of the lake.
    • Not a cowbird. We have several around here and they are generally dark-black grey and brown. The pictured bird almost looks as though it could be an immature yellow headed blackbird. Cowbirds are quite reclusive and we have been surprised they come out to our feeders, but they have become pretty regular customers. Like the deer that graze in the front yard. Last night we had the buck, doe and twin fawns and even though we talked softly to them they did not spook,  but seemed to simply acknowledge our presence on the deck and continued to feed. And of course, as usual, the black squirrels are gathering all MY walnuts!  darn.....I just can't win. The chipmunks eat my strawberries, deer eat tomato plants and squirrels eat my walnuts. I'm left with this old bottle of Beefeaters, a small bottle of vermouth and a few olives in a jar.  Things are tough out here in the wilderness.
    • Quincey should be a solid guy. I don't recall watching him play, but by looking at his stats over the years it appears to be an upgrade over Scandella.
    • Just looked up the yellow. Definitely not, no white on wings and way too yellow. And all the pictures of a cowbird on Google don't show a cowbird with the rusty colored ring on it's back.
    • Spending most of my time in Dallas these days due to my job.  Will be fishing the Otter County Area in a couple of weeks.  Can't wait!  Just wondering what you guys are seeing?  I am assuming the Bass are in and will be in their late summer patterns which to me means that you could find 'em anywhere.  One of the questions my friend had (I guess watching KVD in Elite Series and  Major League fishing -- I think his recent win on the Elite Series on St Lawrence River was mainly a drop shot) was jerk baits for this time of year.  Frankly, I use mostly jigs and plastics.  Watching KVD, I think I should give jerk baits more a try.
    •  It looks yellow in the bad picture but it's a very rusty medium brown. Definatly in the blackbird family though I think. I need a decent camera. Eye guy, you told me about a not too expensive digital camera with a good zoom lens didn't you? I don't think that's it. The ring on its back is the same rust color. 
    • Think so...!  Yaller headed B bird, like the Duffster said.   https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Yellow-headed_Blackbird/id
    • Yellow headed blackbird?
    • It looks way to light brown to be a cowbird but I see nothing else in my bird book it could be??? I know this is a bad picture but it's the best I can do. The thing is so tame I can almost walk right up to it and it never goes away for long.
  • Our Sponsors