• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bassett hound and cat - family pets

I know this may not be appropriate to post on here, but thought I would take a chance.

My wife has had some recent very serious health concerns. One thing highly recommended by several doctors was to get rid of the household pets. Of course this did not go over too well with my 12, 9 and 7 year old kids.

Just want to inform all of you that if by the off chance someone is looking for a very nice, gentle almost purebred Bassett hound, please contact the Watonwan County Humane Society. He is about 5 years old, fixed and the friendliest dog you will find. Yes people hunt varmints with Bassetts, I an sure he would love it. He is wonderful with kids and has never even growled at anyone.

Also if anyone is looking for a white/tan 2 year old fixed female cat call the Humane Society too. She is a gentle little cat and a very good pet, also good with kids.

This is kind of a shock to the family and we would feel better knowing they get a good home. I would also consider it a personal favor from a fellow FM'er to find these animals a home. Post back here if you need any further information.

Adopt from your local animal shelters when you can.

Thanks,

DD

First, I hope your wife's health improves. If your Bassett hasn't been adopted yet my friend will be driving there tomorrow. He took in a "rescue" Bassett years ago he drove all the way to Madison to pick up. He lost his to age last month, and has been searching for one that would "need" him again. Please know the dog will be well taken care of and live a long happy life on the shores of Lake Vermillion.

UPDATE

Well somebody in Robbinsdale got themselves a good Bassett Hound over the weekend.

For anybody in that area of the Metro, he was adopted by a family who does some kind of volunteer work for the school district, and he was approved to come in to the schools and help with some sort of volunteer work. That dog will love it, and we are glad he is going to a good home.

Thanks,

DD

PS: The cat is not up for adoption yet, so anone looking for a offwhite, short hair Siamese-ish fixed declawed cat let me know.

DD