Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TSchultz

Wahl Metro Tourney (disgusted)

9 posts in this topic

So I was all pumped up to fish the Metro tourney this Oct 3 then I look on the calender, DUCK OPENER..??? Who the heck schedules a muskie tournament the day of duck opener in MN. Now I have tough decisions to make.

Ahhhhhhhhh....(slowly raising his hand in the back of the class)

That would be me. We had 3 main issues with hosting this event.

1. If we wanted to guarentee Tonka we had to have it in October.

2. Turnover in the metro starts around the 2nd week in October and ends in the beginning of Nov (typically).

3. The weekend that doesn't conflict with either 1 or 2 is duck opener.

Duck opener lost frown

Trust me, you are not the first person to bludgeon me over this one and won't be the last I'm sure.

BTW, it's Wahl not Walsh wink

Hey Shawn,

Here's a "thumbs up" for the date..... Full moon weekend, water temps dropping nicely, and decent weather... knock on wood!

Lot easier to release a muskie than come home and clean ducks, boats & trucks & waders, rinse off decoys, dog, etc.

Just gotta clarify those "witness" rules a bit ahead of time! wink

Well it's alright, I knew that Tonka coudn't be on the list unless it was this late. I just don't know what to do now.

By the way cjac brought up a point that I was wondering about. So for this tourney the way I read the rules is that you do not need a source outside of your boat to witness a measurement? Is this correct.

Correct on the rules. You just need to have the tournament marker in the pic of you holding the fish like the Frank tournament. That way you're not handling the fish any longer then you normally would with any other CPR.

Okay...is there a site to look at or posters? How do i get all the details about this tournament?

Im way excited for the tourney! I was in the spring one with not much luck but i fish minnetonka a couple times a week! Should be a blast. Could you clerify the rules again? sorry.

Go to the Twin Cities Muskies Inc HSOforum for the complete rules and any other info on the tournament. You can register there as well.

Aaron