Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wavey Davey

"clouded" windshield ?

7 posts in this topic

I have a windshield that has a "clouded" area on it.

Like a dirty spot or white area that won't come off with standard cleaning. It's on the outside, almost like it's etched.

Anyone have any suggestions to remove it? Thanks.

Are you sure its not the two pieces of glass delaminating?

I don't know that, hard to tell, could be.

I've seen insulated glass that gets clouded between the panes when the seal goes and moisture condensates, I haven't seen a windshield do it before.

If that's the case I guess I'm out of luck, live with it or replace the windshield.

I would get the window replaced if you have glass coverage. Clouded glass is a hazard in my opinion.

Nothing a golf ball in a sock won't fix!!!

I've thought of the insurance thing. The clouded area is not in the driver's line of sight, it's on the passenger side.

I recently bought the car for my daughter to drive, didn't notice it at first. I think I'll just let it go unless it get spreads and gets worse.

It's a Ford. I haven't looked at it closer since you mentioned possible delamination. I'll check it out further tonight and let you know what I find. Thanks for the input.