Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crown_seven

Looking at new bows......

3 posts in this topic

I am looking at two bows and trying to decide which one to get,

I have been bowhunting for 18 years so I know I need to shoot both and all that but just looking for input on the new hoyt alphamax compared to the truth 2 by bear. Any thoughts would be great, good and bad

Shoot them both and any others you can get your hands on. My father just bought a new bow last week after finally retireing his 12-14 year old Hoyt. He's 64 and bowhunted since he was a teenager. It was not easy getting him to try some of the new shorter axle bows but after shooting 5-6 diff bows he settled on a Martin cheetah.

All the top manufactures make great bows, some just feel better in the hand to each individual. I really liked shooting Hoyts superhawk, Diamonds blackice, and the Martin, oh and Matherws S2...

p.s. - I did not shoot the alphamax but it specks out similar to the superhawk. Those cam and a halfs draw a bit diff, not bad just differnt. Last year I shot the Truth and was impressed also, nice bow and price...

I just got a truth 2, i really like it pretty light, not lighting fast like some of the bows but still IBO of like 315 is nice. Shoots smooth, i got a killer deal on it that i couldnt pass up so i bought it and dont regret it, had my other bow for 8 season thought it was time to get a new one, the truth 2 is a great bow.