• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are the carp doing?

I have the chance to take the kids out today. Being my fish cleaner (Dad) is out of town I was considering fishing for the carp to entertain the kids.

Last I heard, the fish were spawning. I will be in a boat and would be sticking with the NE metro. Bald eagle comes across my mind as well as gervais.

Can anyone give me some tips on the pattern they are in right now?

Any help will be appreciated!

It depends on the lake, really. I've seen a few straglers still spawning, but for the most part, I think they're back to feeding. The post-spawners should be plenty hungry, so it's a good time to get after them.

I found a bunch of bigguns last week cruising along a drop off between 4 and 10 feet. They were hungry, and I had me some fun. Sweet corn did the trick.

Good luck!

I found them in a creek yesterday feeding heavily. I brought no bait just small jigs and after 20 minutes I gave up on my small jigs and put on my trusty pink jighead with a white curly tail. Let it set on the bottom and an 8.5 pounder picked it up. It put up a great fight on 4 pound test. It's lips were ripped off and looked pretty funny.