• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

public defender vs lawyer

DRH1175

Question

My sister in law has an ex friend who stole a bunch of jewerly from her mom. Her mom is pressing charges on her daughter which in turn is now trying to pin it on my sister in law. My sister in law received a summins in the mail stating she is being charged for the theft along with the daughter. Question is should we rely on a public defender or should we hire our own lawyer? My sister in law is 20 with a clean record and had nothing to do with the crime.

I hope this works out for your sister in-law. What I also don't understand is the seemingly lack of security envolving

the jewelry in the first place. Not sure the value of

the missing items, but to not use some level of security

by means of a lock-box,safe,or bank box is assuming

some level of responsibility for the mother as well.

No offense to the original poster and that person's relatives, but I learned a long time ago that there's two sides to every story and a lot of time the truth lies somewhere mid-stream.

Great advise and counsel Tom. I, as others appreciate your impartial input and methodical views.

Here's a little quip I heard many years ago when I proclaimed that there are two sides to this story.

"Actually, there are 3 sides to this story. His side, Her side and the truth". grinblush

Regards.