• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Squeal noise on Yama F150 4stroke?

weld1

Have a 2006 F150yamaha, after running it for awhile it gets a slight squeal at lower speeds, from 0 throttle to about 2000rpm or so, its kinda the same sound as on the older cars when the alternator belt wasnt tight enough, i looked under the hood but theres no place i could see where it might come from, it has only one cogged belt.

Could the noise be comming from the "idler" pulley? it dont appear that theres any way to lube it? if i remember right my old 80yamaha 4 stroke did it a few times also, any ideas or help would be great!! thank you

my 115 does this from time to time, its from a small bushing that they say just needs a shot of lube. its worked for me for some time now.

here is a pic of the location (screw driver pointing to it) of the shaft/bushing. I snagged the pic from another site.

yamahasqueel.jpg

minneman, Thanks for the info, next time in the other garage i will see if i can locate something like this, im not sure how close in relationship the 115 is to the 150 but hopefully close enough! unless ofcourse someone has another idea?? thanks again!

Thanks for the help guys! i think i located the shaft, i took cover off and put a mark on the part i thought it was and turned the motor slightly by hand and the mark moved with it, so i took the oil can and put a shot where the shaft goes down into the bushing....we will try it out this comming weekend at leech lake! thanks again!