• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HELP PLEASE

Muskiebait

Question

I replaced my 520c with the new hds7, using the same connections, the problem is I can't get the temp to read on the new hd, the boat is an 1860 Ranger Angler, has the thru hull transducer and tempducer as well, but I cant get the temp to read, somebody please point me in the right direction, I have tried and tried and no luck.....

8 answers to this question

I can think of 4 things that could be your problem, depending on how you have things set up. You either don't have the right transducer selected in your HDS setup, or you are not displaying the temperature from the correct source in your overlay data, or your network is not working correctly, or the temp sensor is bad. Whoever helped you with your network and HDS unit should be able to make sure all the installation and setup is done correctly. Hope that helps, good luck.

I'm sure it has something to do with your transducer. My dad has a lcx-18 on his boat and I wired up power cables so I can run my lcx-27 off of his boat. Everything works great but the water temp. I have tryed going into the overlay data and change things, but it still does not work. I'm not sure why.

it still does not work. I'm not sure why

The lcx-18 and lcx-27 use different transducers (hst-wsdx for the 18 and hst-wsbl for the 27), that is why you cannot read the temp from your dad's transducer. That's not the other guy's problem though, the lms-520 and HDS use the same transducer.

I replaced my 520c with the new hds7, using the same connections, the problem is I can't get the temp to read on the new hd, the boat is an 1860 Ranger Angler, has the thru hull transducer and tempducer as well, but I cant get the temp to read, somebody please point me in the right direction, I have tried and tried and no luck.....

Check the software version in your HDS, and then make sure it's current on Lowrance's HSOforum. Click on "Downloads" and "Product Software Updates". The latest software update 2.1 was released last Friday, but if your current software isn't at least 2.0, that may solve your problem. Also make sure you designate the correct transducer in the Sonar Setup menu.

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

It was updated, about 3 weeks ago, so that it would read the chips, I have tried the unhooking and rehooking of the nmea network, and still no luck..I didn't select any transducer, and which over lay data should it be, I have the temp on screen but it just shows --F no numbers, time, depth, sog, they all work so if anybody could lead me step by step through this it would be greatly appreciated.....