• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best way for bigger fish?

I would try the following:

1. Fish a large suspending Husky Jerk in any northeast bays, where the water flows or near any feeder creeks or weedy areas. Fish it very slow with long pauses. White with a red head is a killer color.

2. Fish bottle necks/flowage with frozen herring/smelt. Use a single or treble hook throught he mouth or dorsal fin; use a long leader and a slip bobber. Cast the bobber out and let it drift in the flow. If your bobber goes down wait 3 seconds, reel up any slack, set the hook and hold on!

I would call Thorne Bros and have them ship you some muskie baits. these guys are right on, the bigger the bait the bigger the fish. we were using big jerkbaits for pike on Lac Seul one year and had an unbelievable week on big walleyes that hit them. I cant remember the exact number, but we each caught multiple walleyes per DAY over 27 inches. Then of course the next year they didnt work (on the walleyes).

From what ive heard it was snowing up there just yesterday! Will the water be too cold for pike to chase spoons and big baits? I have yet to boat a fish over 40 inches and really hope to do so on this trip. Thanks for the input so far!