Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stoneman

Ole Evinrude

5 posts in this topic

Looking for alittle help...Got an old evinrude, 89, when i start her up, and she starts like a dream, the alarm in the controls goes off and stays on, this is on my pontoon. I am under the impression this is an over heating alarm???? The alarm comes on right away so there is no time for it to over heat and she is pumping water out real nice... Someone said it could just be the sensor, could this be? and where is the sensor housed.. Just can't afford the ninty bucks an hour to have it looked at!! Thanks guys for the help.

Stoneman

What horsepower? Is it oil injected? could be the oil injection/fuel pump (VRO). To eliminate the overheat warning, look for the sensor on the back of the block. It will have a tan wire connected to it. While the horn is sounding, disconnect the tan wire. Horn quits=bad temp sensor. Horn continues, it's coming from the VRO.

She just an old 1989 25hp 2 stroke, no injection anything

Ok, much easier to trouble shoot. Just do what I suggested then in regards to the temp sender.

it is the temp sensor most likely it is crounded somewhere, or its shot look for a tan wire comming out of the head bout 2" away from spark plug..and dissconect the connector trun on ignition if its quet the sensor is bad if it keeps buzzing look for a short somewhere.. ive had one that a mouse chewed on and it drove me insane trying to figure out why it wouldnt shut up!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   All good things come to an end sometime. At some point we realized that the cabin that we always wanted just was not going to happen for us. So, for less then just the taxes and cost of up keep on a cabin we have a park model camper where we can have family and grand kids come up and go fishing any weekend we want. Plus lots to do around the Brainerd area if you don't want to sit in the camper on a rainy day. Last weekend we ran up to Walker to Reeds and pick a gal of Blue Berries on the way.
    • We had our permy site for 14 years. It was a blast the first 10. Neighbors changed, other things changed. We got tired of it and finally had enough. It was getting so with the yearly fee we felt we needed to be out there every weekend.   I still fish the lake in the fall but don't miss it. Now we can go to other places to do something different. With that said I'd do it all over again.    
    •   Well after inspecting, I'm really starting to lean that the blade mounts are bent. I can't find any pictures or anything......so I'm not sure. If these just take a normal shaver blade.....then they gotta be bent.....Anyone have any insite?
    • On June 30 I sent the dnr an email this is their response, "Hello Rob,
      The hunting regs will be out the last week in July"
    • I agree about the lodge. After gear and any snow it can become a heavy pull. The lodge fit in my 1500 chevy silverado (6.5 ft box) as long a you put the flat end of the tub to the front and when closing the tailgate you had to pick up the end of the sled just a little for the gate to close. 
    • When the heck do they issue them? Seems to be getting late. I'd like to know what kind of slaughterhouse Zone 1 will be, or if they are going to play it smart and continue being a bit conservative 
    • Definitely plan on doing some pulling by hand ealry ice so I'm thinking the cabin it is then. Thanks for the tips and info on the otters and equipment it's been a very big help!
    • Yep, I've contacted 4 or 5 campgrounds in the last couple of days. One has gotten back to me, the rest have not yet.   We will be up that way over the Labor Day holiday so we can check out a few campgrounds while we are there. We actually checked out 2 or 3 while we were up there last year at that time.   I'm not too sure if we are ready to take the plunge yet or not but we are close.
    •   If you are start talking to the owners of the campgrounds now about letting you know when there may be an opening. Ours fills up during the summer but at the end of the season the owners will start hearing about those that will be moving out at the end of the year. Lot's of relatives will tell their families as soon as they hear someone is moving out. Good Luck.
  • Our Sponsors