• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Red Squirrels

CapnJack

OK since I harvested a mature turkey my last hunt with a bow without the aid of a blind I thought it would be a far gone conclusion that I could do it again. After setting up in a perfect spot...a windrow with draw back trees and brush to hide my movement I got busted by a red squirrel that was about two feet from my face as four gobblers were about to step into the the killing lane but they freaked out. I had one bird's head about two feet from entering my fully drawn bow's range but he was stairing straight at me and I couldn't adjust my aim. I was ready for a full body shot. This was about ten yards! My question

A Adjust my shot and try for a head shot

B Is it legal to bring a pellet pistol to shoot the red bast##rd

C Am I under the influence that I think it's doable to shoot a wild turkey with a bow without a blind two times in a row?

I mean it's fun to see a bird land on your arrow but this is getting rediculous.

It's amazing when you're camoed-out and have wildlife crawl all over you.

I bowhunt a couple spots in northern MN where the things are a chattering pain. Once they know you are there and mean them no harm, they will usually leave you alone and quiet up. I would let them know you are there right away when you sit down, and hopefully they will be a little less vocal. Good luck.