• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pop up camper turned fish house???

Mankato-Ice-Man

Question

Has anyone ever built one of these or have any knowledge of doing this???
There are a few for sale in this area and would like to know if it worth getting in to as a project or not.

any tips, thoughts, or opinions that you can share would be great. I am pretty sure this will get shot down long before it even gets off the ground, but if I can make a well educated sales pitch (with all of your help), I would love to tackle it.

Thanks in advance.
Jeremy

------------------
Born to Fish, Forced to Work!

10 answers to this question

That is what I used. However, I ripped the camper off and just used the frame, bought some crankdowns, had 'em welded on and now I have a nice approx. 7"x14" permanent! I looked at a neighbor who used the camper and just put walls up even used the original roof and it worked great, it was just that I wanted mine bigger than the camper.

I saw one on hsolist just the other day! It looked very slick. The guy took out the canvas and hinged plywood that folded down under the top, to set it up he just cranked the top up, unfolded the sides then cranked the top down enough to rest on the top of the walls. I don't know how well insulated the side were, but it looked very easy to move.

Posting this morning got me thinking, so I went to hsolist, and it is still there. Just search for ice fishing, sort by price and it should be the first one on the list. He's got some nice pictures to see there, but I'm not sure how much longer it will be up.

[This message has been edited by Ishmel (edited 11-21-2002).]

Mankato, I made a fishouse out of a camper last year. If you want, post your email address and I'll send some pics. I could write a page worth of stuff for you.

by the way, It's the cheapest way I know of to get a sleeper house that's easily transportable.
WS

One thing I would definitely do is take the axle off, cut it in half, get some schedule 80 pipe and extend the axle. You will be amazed at how much extra room you'll have getting those wheels on the outside. Plus, it rides better too!