Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sy

Securing dock sections to frame

6 posts in this topic

I am hoping someone here can help me out with a problem! We have a dock at our cabin that has aluminum decking panels that lay on top of the dock frame. The panels are fairly light and they tend to blow off and into the water with not a lot of wind.

The previous owner had drilled holes and screwed in a bracket type of thing but they were not real effective and they took a long time to install each year. We would have to put in 4 per panel piece x 30 panel pieces and it was a pain.

I keeping thinking something like a large binder clip that would just snap on but I can't find anything big enough. The panels plus frame are about 2 inches thick.

Does anyone have an easy and quick suggestion to keep those from flying off?

I regret to say I don't have any currently. I will be going up there in the next couple of weeks and can get some then to post.

heavy duty nylon tie straps, easy to put on and just snip off!, buy them in bulk and you will be ready to go!

One thing to keep in mind is that having the panels come off in big waves can save your dock. If your dock is low to the water, it is a safety feature to have the panels pop off in waves you the waves don't tweak and twist the dock. My dock has plastic panels so the wind does not blow them off but I have had waves nock them off before.