• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

On Board Charger Problems

fishhuntwork

I have a 2 bank minnkota charger, I hooked it up the other day and one bank works and the other doesn't. The one bank has a green light, which is good. The other has a red light, in the manual it says check connection or temp sensor, any help? I've tried hooking it up numerous times and cleaned everything up. I have the batterys hooked up in series for the 24 volt system.

You might want to try changing the wiring for the banks / batteries. If the same bank is bad on the other battery you know it's the bank, if the other bank is bad on the same battery then you know it's the battery.

Make sure your pos and neg wires are hooked up correctly to the batteries.

If that doesn't take care of it then your best bet is to call Minn Kota customer service. Good luck getting it taken care of.

So now its on one bank for one battery.

That's how they are supposed to be connected. Each bank in your charger should have it's own black and red wires - you connect 1 bank to 1 battery, regardless of if you're using the batteries in a 12, 24 or 36 volt configuration in your boat.

PerchJerker is right. Swap the leads to the batteries to see if the red light switches to the other bank or stays with the same bank.

Check the fuse. Also, if you have a multi-meter, check to see what voltage the batteries are at. The charger needs to see a minimum voltage (5-v?) or it will not work. This is some type of safety device.

I left my ignition switch on the other day. When I plugged in the charger I got the red light. I jumped the crank battery over to a trolling motor battery so the charger would see some voltage at my crank battery and it started right up.