• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Knee surgery info

bart simpson

I have a lab mix who has a torn ACL. The vet has told us that she will require a surgery called TPLO which will cost about $2100. Just wondering if any of you have any experience with this surgery. What kind of success have you had with it? Does the price we've been quoted seem reasonable? If not, do you have any recommendations for vets that do this procedure? I live in Eagan but my vet is refering us to a clinic in Maple Grove.

Thanks for any info.

Nick

I have my dog going through the same thing right now. She is actually having the surgery done as I am typing. I am having the surgery done at the UofM and the total bill for the surgury is supposed to be between 2100 & 2400. Then with the follow up visits to make sure things are going well will cost extra. They said it will take about 6-8 weeks of rehab and laying low with out activity before she can do much. Then it is about a month of increased rehab and exercise before she is back to normal. There is a thread in this form that has more information on it. I think the subject is "torn knee ligament".

Our Lab had this done on both of his knees this year. We are in Denver and the price was around 2800.00 He had the first one done in Jan. and the second in April. Though he is still not completely healed he runs around like a pup. (He's 8 years old)