• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sportdog Prohunter 2400

cabinfever

Has anyone heard anything good/bad about this collar. In everyone else's experience with e-collars would this be a good option for use with a GSP? I'm looking to buy one for the first time.

Thanks!

Cabinfever - I like you have just introduced my dog to the wonderful world of hi-tech obedience training. I waited six months before I made the leap. My pup is a year old now and I invested many hours in the yard teaching come, sit, stay, fetch, heel, hup, shake, lay down, down and whoa. He is a very high spirited pointing breed of dog. I can't tell you how many hours the two of us have spent in the field joined together by the check cord. In the field after he becomes birdy he naturally wants to do what hundreds of years of breeding instict naturally tells him to do. Unfortunately hunting only for himself does not match up with my expectations. Needless to say the time had come for me to let him know about the team concept and that he has to comply with my field commands. In a nut shell...I could not be any happier about how he has responded to a little hi-tech stimulus. I invested into the Dogtra 175 NCP entry-level trainer unit. I'm not sure if this is the best unit out on the market, but it was all I could afford and it seems to do the trick! I'm counting on the fact that I won't need to invest into any other more expensive or advanced system in the future. Hope this helps...works with my Brittany and should work with your GSP dog!

I actually have one of these collars and for the most part I'm happy with it. The only thing I don't like is that they don't come with the larger electrodes for longer hair dogs. But a little trimming of the hair around the neck and it's ok... For the money you save, I think it's worth it.