• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey folks,
just bought a place on devils lake just outside webster, I hear that it a good walleye lake just wondering if anyone would be willing to give me some information on the lake as far as what other species are good to fish for.
Thanks for the help

If you like small to average sized bass, this is your lake! It's hard to go out there and NOT catch some bass. Getting one bigger than 14" can be a struggle. But you'll catch a lot in the 10" to 14" range.

Lots of small to average sized pike too. Although the population of pike really seems to go up and down from what I've seen.

I've never really done great on walleyes out there. It seems like more often than not, one or two is the norm.

Lots of sunfish, some decent ones, but plenty of small ones to weed through. Crappies can be pretty decent when you can find them. Spring is the easiest time.

Unless things have changed (haven't been there in about 7 years), it's really not the busiest lake. For as many places that are on the lake and a few resorts, you'd think it would be busier. It does see plenty of boat traffic, but it just seems like the type of lake that would see more.

AWH

i live about 10 miles northeast of devils lake. fished it a few times, and plenty of small bass. always some dandy walleyes in the winter - check the photos at wild bills.

------------------
Dan in Webster
Campion Log Works

was up this last weekend, got a few small bass and couldn't keep the snakes off the hook.
Where is this wild bills, I come up through siren on 70. I'm on the yellow lake side of devils, hows yellow any big muskies in that swamp?

From what I've been told...

1.) Walleyes at night on the north end near the beach. I believe she's pretty sandy up there. I've also heard good things about the minnow traps/fish cribs on the NW side.

One guy I know would go to the beach area at night w/ floating raps and cast off shore. His biggest was around 6#.

2.) The father-in-law talks of a "crappie hole" on the S/SE side. From the map I have, it appears there's a small hole that goes to 20 ft. His buddy has done OK in that spot.

nspdave