• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shrink tubing...

i've heard a few people mention some difficulties in doing this so i figured i'd put up a tute on how i do it. some said it was too floppy ... probly too big ... can't get it over the splitring... too small... that kind of stuff. even heard people using soap or WD 40 and the like to get it to slip. if this is you, i hope this helps. smile

DSC00522-1.jpg

DSC00534-1.jpg

DSC00536-1.jpg

DSC00537-1.jpg

DSC00538-1.jpgDSC00540-1.jpg

DSC00541-1.jpg

i messed up in the wording some. it's shrink ''tube'' not wrap. i hope you can forgive me.. grin

Quote:
Thanks for the tutorial! I'm just starting to get into building baits myself and I apprecate the help. Is there different qualities of shrink tube? Is one brand or style better than another?

glad to help. i felt bad reading things like people needing to use soap or wd-40 and that. figured i'd tell this to whoever did'nt know shrink tube is expandable and shrinks back the same as without it.

on the better tubing. first let me start by saying i can't claim to be a ''shrink tube guru'' or anything, but, i've found if it has a glossy surface i like it better. i like it better if theres no writing on it. and i prefer small i.d. over a larger one for a tighter fit and stiffer set up. i don't think i've ever looked at who makes the stuff even. it comes out of the package and into it's drawer. but i'd say the thicker the better for most things.. but then the thicker the more it costs too. trial and error is always the best way to find ''Your'' better or worse. good luck building! laugh

Look up shrink tube on line and you will learn more than you ever cared to know. Look for the stuff that has a 4:1 shrink ratio and it will make the job easier. You can also find it lined with hot melt adhesive. Very handy for tough projects!

Quote:
Look up shrink tube on line and you will learn more than you ever cared to know

good advice thanks wink

have you used the adhesive lined (hot melt glue) tubes for securing hooks? i never did but seems worth a try anyway. and why is it cheaper , like 1/3 the cost, for lined than unlined. hmmmmm. weird.