• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

another battery question

mtreno

ok so i am just so tired of burning up these small batterys due to over winch work while plowing. lights not working and slow plow pickup after awhile are my biggest complaints

why cant i - in the winter when i know there will be over use - just get a big deep cycle/starting battery and mount it on my rear rack in a nice battery box. all i would really need are some longer leads. any thoughts?

I had the same problem. I put a battery maintainer on my battery, and plug it in whenever I'm done plowing and leave it plugged in. never had a problem since. works great. keeps the battery in tip-top shape

i have a maintainer -

i do two long driveways and get about 1/3 done when my plow starts working super slow and the the lights do dim of its dark. been that way for years with more than one battery in that time.

just wondering why i cannot use a bigger battery if i dont losing the space and also if anyone has ever done it

What kind of wheeler? How old of battery?

Is there something wrong with the wheelers charging system? Is it the recommended battery for the wheeler? I plow 7 driveways including my own which is 1/4 mile long and a big parking lot and I have absolutely no battery issues.My wheeler is 4 years old.

A bigger or higher capacity battery won't solve the problem if your charging system isn't keeping up already. There are basically two solutions to the problem.

Install a charging system that can deliver the necessary power output needed to maintain the battery under the heavy load. Unfortunately, I don't know if something like this is available for your ATV or not.

Immediately put a charger on your ATV battery after you're done using it to make sure it is fully refreshed.

Bob

Since I seldon use my atv(mostly just plowing) I always pull battery and keep in house when not is use. I use a maintainer to keep it topped off.

I mostly use for plowing so I understand your troubles. I lost my first battery from from freezing since it was undercharged after plowing.