• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Force retrieve

1900_LE

I'm having a real problem getting my shorthair to retrieve. She points great, chases, but just doesn't want to retrieve anything. She wants to play. Is there a good video out that will teach me how to get her to start retrieving? Anyone got any suggestions?

Smart Fetch by Evan Graham seems to be a popular book/video.

Otherwise there's plenty of articles on the internet about it as well. email me at clark ddddooootttt koenen aaaatttt hotmail dddddoootttt com if you would like some of the information that I used to reinforce retrieving for my dog.

The Delmar Smith method (Bill Tarrants book) crossed w/ the NAVHDA (the spiral bound green covered training manual) w/ me using a bolt through the collar and name plate was my method. The reminder (the bolt) was always there when you needed it.