• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cable Area Lakes Worth Fishing?

Hello All,

Taking the family to the Cable area next week and would like a little pan, bass, walleye, northern,,,,,,,, anything action.

Any tips on what lakes hold what in that area. Willing to drive 20-30 miles for some variety.

cc6e

Haven't been up there much this year but Namakagon has all the species you are looking for. Walleye might be a tough bite this time of year but they have been boasting of good northern, pan fish and bass action all summer. LakeLink.com also has a weekly newsletter they send out with fishing updates on this lake.

Lake Owen typically turns on with smallie action and there are a lot of pan fish there as you go after bronzeback. This lake also has some good pike action but you might have to work a bit. It also has a tendency to be a party boat lake so gets lots of traffic. This is a very clear water lake and bright days can be a challenge so keep that in mind.

The Eau Claire chain can also be good producers of Pike and Musky and I have caught everything you were looking for on the upper and middle.

There are a couple of other ponds around the cable area that I have heard good things about but never fished them check on Pastikas bait shop web site they can update you on whats happening in the Hayward cable area.

Good Luck and Let me know how you did.