• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabelas Guidewear for Ice Fishing

BigWadeS

Question

I want to hear from folks that use their insulated or non-insulated Guidewear for ice fishing and how it holds up. I know I am getting this brand as they make large sizes so please don't jump on the thread about Ice Armour, Artic Armour, or the Vexilar Hard Water series, thank you

1 answer to this question

I've got a pair of the Cabelas Gore-Tex Guide Wear bibs (insulated) and jacket (uninluslated). IMO the best there is. Sure, it's spendy but worth every penny and it holds up well. I use mine 12 months a year. OK, maybe I switch to an uninsulated pair of bibs in the heat of summer but I am very pleased with it.

On opener this year on URL, driving rain and snow I stayed dry, bone dry. My buddies with their cheap stuff where wet at every seam when we finally called it a day.

I have a hard time believing that the other stuff is as good. Maybe close, but I doubt as good.