• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Wild Willie

Archer's Homework Assignment - Need Help

I'm looking to collect some data regarding arrow trajectory and I'm hoping a few die hard FM archers would like to participate:

1) Setup target at exactly 20 yards on level ground. Indoor or outdoor as long as wind does not enter into the equation. Your bow and pins must be previously sited-in at 20, 30, 40 and (50 yards if you shoot a five pin set-up.)

2) Place vertical line and horizontal line on target (X should be very low on block targets)

3) Shoot at least 6 arrows at horizontal line with your 20 yard pin to ensure you're spot on

4) Shoot at least 6 arrows at horizontal line with 30 yard pin and take average measurement on vertical line from X

5) Shoot at least 6 arrows at horizontal line with 40 yard pin and take average measurement on vertical line from X

6) Shoot at least 6 arrows at horizontal line with 50 yard pin and take average measurement on vertical line from X

Post results with bow type, bow brand, poundage, draw length, arrow type: aluminum or carbon, arrow weight, (include field tip weight, fletching and nock), arrow length, vane style and arrow speed if you can get it. I understand there are many more variables involved, but what is listed above should provide enough input for my physics exercise/experiment.

Thanks

Okay - went out today and shot my Parker at my block at 20 yards and here are the results:

1) My 20 yard pin was dead on the horizontal line

2) My 30 yard pin arrows on average hit 6" above the horizontal line

3) My 40 yard pin arrows on average hit 11" above the horizontal line

4) My 50 yard pin arrows on average hit 18.25" above the horizontal line

5) Parker Wildfire XP Bow, 60 lbs, Draw length 29", Beman ICS Hunter 340 carbon arrow, 75 grain field tip, arrow length 30.5", don't know total arrow weight, don't know arrow speed, FOC 8.898%