• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish house

I'llTakeWhatiCanGet

A buddy and I are in the process of converting an old tent trailer into an incredible ice fishing machine grin.gif It's pretty old, and the axle is basically indestructable, and it trailers real nice. Just wondering if anyone on here has ever done this before, or heard/seen it done. We are still in what i like to call the research and development phase, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Tight Lines,
porter

------------------
"Beer is God's way of telling us that He loves us and wants us to be happy."

-Ben Franklin

My brother in law had one. The thing weighed so much though. If I was going to use a camper I would take it all the way down to the frame and start over. You might need to cut away some of the steel to get rid of some weight. Another problem was the height off the ice. I think they used buckets. The one thing that is nice about the trailer is that it was meant to be pulled at higher speeds. Some of the ice house trailers I've seem are a little light weight. I have a 7x14 crank down that was built to pull. They did a good job on the frame. Good luck and take your time. Half the fun was building mine. Kidwalleye