• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bog Hawks

jonny_redhorse

Took a ride down to the Saz Bog this morning to see what critters /birds were to be seen.....lots of hawks for sure!...things were all over the place!....Hwy #7 of course is where they always seem to be....fun to watch em "hovering" and then diving onto their perspective prey....here's a couple images of some "sort" of hawk...not sure what kind it is grin....I think it's an "immature morphanized mole snatcher" grin

DSCN3751-2copy.jpg

P1050997copy.jpg

P1050995-1.JPG

P1050995-2.JPG

Thanks for the clarification Steve. I noticed a hawk that was all black on our last trip up to Ely. I was curious what it was and forgot to look. Now I atleast have an idea.

I was far better at identifying birds as a kid when I spent 99% of my days in the woods.