• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Now what ?

prov1900

My Chessie just ate the cover off of a baseball...not the ball, just the leather portion. Will she pass this? Or is this going to require more assistance? Over the years, this eating machine has passed socks, pantyhose, underwear, and other assorted clothing.

I'd go along with similar posts with similar questions, watch and wait a couple days, if eats and passes stool, should be ok and the cover will eventually pass out of the system, BUT if not eating, or eating but vomiting and/or not passing stools time to get her into the vet.

Thanks. I didn't feed her last night, at least other than that baseball. Went home today and she had a normal stool, which would lead me to believe that she has already passed it. I feed her once a day at the same time every day. She passes her food roughly at the same time everyday, once a day...so I think we got it. Thanks for the reassurance. I am glad she didn't eat the whole ball in one gulp.

Good to hear, probably want to check the stools so you will know for sure when it passes. Another thought is perhaps the dog vomited it up somewhere and you haven't found it yet? Regardless, just keep watching and call vet if the dog starts to vary off the normal cycle.